SafeCare BC is Hiring! Job Position: Events Coordinator
May 29, 2014 | News
Date: May 28th, 2014
Position: Event Coordinator
Start date: June 16th 2014
Are you passionate about making a difference? Join the SafeCare BC team and have a positive impact on health care workers across the province! SafeCare BC is a non-profit health and safety association for the long term care sector in British Columbia. Our mandate is to reduce injuries among long term care workers by providing education, training, and resources across the province. As a new and rapidly evolving organization, SafeCare BC is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to coordinate, advertise, and assist in the evaluation of training workshops and events.
Plan and execute events, including:
- Venue selection and booking
- Liaising with and coordinating speakers, workshop facilitators
- Coordinating on-site logistics, including catering, AV requirements, print materials, day-of participant registration, etc.
- Creating, managing, and evaluating advertising campaigns
- E-blasts, website posts, direct mail campaigns, social media outreach, etc.
- Coordinating with external organizational partners to plan and execute upcoming events
- Managing participant registration, including inquiries and cancellation waitlists
- Creating and analyzing event evaluation forms
- Minimum 2 years practical experience coordinating small and large-scale events (10 – 200+ attendees)
- Marketing or communications diploma / degree
- Excellent client-centred focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using social media and electronic marketing tools e.g. Hootsuite, MailChimp, Cvent
- Competent in MS Office, Powerpoint, Illustrator, and Excel
- Experience using WordPress-powered websites
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Background in workplace rehabilitation or occupational health and safety an asset
Reimbursement: Hourly; commensurate with experience.
In lieu of a coverletter, candidates are asked to submit a one-page essay on what actions or strategies are necessary to make an event successful and why. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and essays to email@example.com, attention Jennifer Lyle.