Request for Proposals: Safety Systems Audit Tool
We are seeking to create an audit program to assess the presence, implementation, and effectiveness of a Continuing Care organization’s health and safety policies. The program evaluation components would be consistent with the following:
- Provincial occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- WorkSafeBC Certificate of Recognition program requirements
- SafeCare BC’s Safety Culture Framework
- Licensing requirements for Continuing Care facilities in B.C.
- Accreditation Canada accreditation criteria
The audit program will consist itself of four primary areas: audit tool development, auditor training, auditor competency evaluation, and auditor follow-up/refresher education. Development of this program will include:
- Defining the audit format and content
- Designing a training curriculum for potential auditors
- Creating evaluation criteria to assess the competency of trained auditors
- Developing refresher material for trained auditors
- Piloting the program (including auditor training, evaluation; and on-site use of the audit tool at pilot sites)
- Consulting with SafeCare BC and key stakeholders, including employer and union representatives via SafeCare BC’s Technical Advisory Committee, on program design and implementation
- Evaluating the results of the pilot and conducting any revisions as necessary
Once complete, the audit program will exist as a stand-alone product whereby organizations may have an external auditor visit their site, conduct an audit of their organization’s safety systems, and provide a comprehensive report to the organization’s management team.
If you would like to access the full RFP bid or if you have any questions regarding the process, please contact email@example.com. Submissions may be made electronically in .pdf form, or by mailing a paper copy to 738-4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, B.C., V5H 4M2, Attention: Jennifer Lyle. The closing date for RFP submissions is July 27, 2015 at 5 p.m. Thank you for your interest.