Request for Proposals: Safety Systems Audit Tool
We are seeking to create an audit program to assess the presence, implementation, and effectiveness of a Continuing Care organization’s health and safety policies. The program evaluation components would be consistent with the following:
- Provincial occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- WorkSafeBC Certificate of Recognition program requirements
- SafeCare BC’s Safety Culture Framework
- Licensing requirements for Continuing Care facilities in B.C.
- Accreditation Canada accreditation criteria
The audit program will consist itself of four primary areas: audit tool development, auditor training, auditor competency evaluation, and auditor follow-up/refresher education. Development of this program will include:
- Defining the audit format and content
- Designing a training curriculum for potential auditors
- Creating evaluation criteria to assess the competency of trained auditors
- Developing refresher material for trained auditors
- Piloting the program (including auditor training, evaluation; and on-site use of the audit tool at pilot sites)
- Consulting with SafeCare BC and key stakeholders, including employer and union representatives via SafeCare BC’s Technical Advisory Committee, on program design and implementation
- Evaluating the results of the pilot and conducting any revisions as necessary
Once complete, the audit program will exist as a stand-alone product whereby organizations may have an external auditor visit their site, conduct an audit of their organization’s safety systems, and provide a comprehensive report to the organization’s management team.
If you would like to access the full RFP bid or if you have any questions regarding the process, please contact SafeCare BC’s Executive Director Jennifer Lyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 604-630-5572 ext 223. Submissions may be made electronically in .pdf form, or by mailing a paper copy to 738-4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, B.C., V5H 4M2, Attention: Jennifer Lyle. The closing date for RFP submissions is July 27, 2015 at 5 p.m. Thank you for your interest.