Increasing Access to Education With Satellite Training Centres
July 16, 2018 | News
We are pleased announce the opening of a second SafeCare BC Satellite Training Centre at Parksville’s Arrowsmith Lodge. The first Satellite Training Centre opened earlier this year at Abbotsford’s Menno Place.These partnership agreements will expand the capacity for health and safety training, and increase access.
“We are very excited to partner with member sites across the province, so more training can be delivered locally,” says Saleema Dhalla, acting CEO, SafeCare BC. “Both Menno Place and Arrowsmith Lodge have shown great leadership in the development of these satellite training centres.
How does it work?
- Coordinates course materials, registration, certificates, and facilitators (when an in-house facilitator is not available)
- Provides funding for catering
- Provides an agreed upon number of free spots for host site
Satellite Training Site:
- Provide in-house facilitator (if eligible)
- Supply the venue
- Coordinate set up of workshop
- Coordinate lunch for participants
SafeCare BC is looking to partner with other organizations around the province to establish satellite training centres.