Job Opening: Learning and Development Advisor
November 26, 2018 | News
The Learning and Development Advisor builds, evaluates, and continuously improves SafeCare BC’s educational programming targeted to SafeCare BC members to reduce workplace injuries in the continuing care sector. This position engages key stakeholders to inform education and development requirements and the design, development and delivery of a multipronged and blended educational approach. The position also builds and implements regional and local educational programs and systems for a variety of audiences and contexts.
- Support all training programs and performance improvement projects
- Evaluate different tools such as e-learning, virtual classroom etc.
- Identify gaps in learning supports and develop solutions to address these gaps
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Strategic Engagements and Development on the preparation of the learning and development annual plan
- Serve as a subject matter expert in digital learning trends, training tools and platforms
- Ensure that learning solutions support SafeCare BC’s brand and have a positive impact on member experiences
- Keep abreast of sector trends to align learning with current sector conditions and enable strategic responses within an evolving environment
- Engage and work with focus groups made up of key stakeholders to support the development of new workshop areas
- Use all levels of evaluation and regularly seek feedback from members to assess learning effectiveness
- Facilitate workshops from time-to-time and act as a peer coach support to member organizations
- Positively represent SafeCare BC
- Other duties as required by the senior leadership of the organization
- A degree in a discipline related to education. Experience in adult education an asset.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with principles of training and education.
- Familiarity with best practices in adult education principles and education content design. (e.g., blended learning strategies such as online curriculum design, flipped classroom, videos, and interactive education delivery) to develop and oversee education programming.
- Current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in organizational and leadership development, and change management.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety and/ or the continuing care sector is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
What SafeCare BC Offers
- Ability to contribute to meaningful work with the opportunity to drive positive change for care workers around the province
- SafeCare BC employee health benefit plan
- Professional development and education reimbursement
- Alternate work week arrangements for maintaining work/life balance
- A great team atmosphere and contemporary work environment
- $65,000 – $70,000 annually
Interested applicants are asked to email their resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the writing sample, please submit in 250 words, how your skills and abilities would contribute to the organization and the strategies that you would use to reach learners who may be disengaged.
Application deadline is December 14, 2018.