March 19 COVID-19 Update
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry provided a brief update on COVID-19.
- There are 40 new cases in BC, for a total of 271.
- Sadly, there has been one additional death. This death came from the Lynn Valley Care Centre.
- 5 people are fully recovered. Many more cases are just waiting for lab clearance before they are deemed fully recovered.
- One case, a resident from Haro Park Centre has been transferred to hospital for care.
- In total, 17 cases are in hospital care.
- Dr. Henry encourages everyone to enjoy the outdoors, while still maintaining a social distance.
- Dr. Henry also emphasizes the importance of keeping socially connected. In particular, we should be sure not to socially-isolate seniors.