March 23 COVID-19 Update
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry made an update on COVID-19 today.
- There have been 48 new cases in BC, for a total of 472.
- 33 of these cases have been hospitalized.
- Sadly, there have been three additional deaths. One of these came from Lynn Valley Care Centre, one from Haro Park Centre, and one in the community.
- In total, 13 people have died.
- Over 100 people have fully recovered.
- Six long-term care centres have been affected by COVID-19.
- Lynn Valley Care Centre
- Haro Park Centre
- German-Canadian Care Home
- Delta View
- Dufferin Care Centre
- The backlog of testing is expected to be resolved by today or tomorrow.
- Testing process reworked to focus on long-term care.
- Additional measures are being implemented in long-term care homes to protect staff and residents.
- Workers will be screened as they come into work every day.