March 24 COVID-19 Update
Dr. Bonnie Henry provided an Update on COVID-19 today.
- There have been 145 new cases. This includes both March 23 and March 24.
- The total number of cases in BC is 617.
- No additional deaths today.
- Ten of the thirteen deaths in BC have come from the Lynn Valley Care Centre
- The backlog of testing has been completed.
- Eight long-term care homes and assisted living residences have reported cases with residents and staff.
- Little Mountain Place.
- Evergreen Heights.
- Lynn Valley Care Centre.
- Hollyburn House Retirement Residence.
- Dufferin Care Centre.
- Delta View Care Centre.
- Haro Park Centre
- German-Canadian Care Home
55 continuing care staff have been infected with COVID-19
- 173 (28%) of cases have recovered
- We have learned that once you have recovered, you are immune for a period of time (estimated to be a few weeks or months).
- Testing for new cases will focus on anyone with a source of infection that cannot be identified.