March 25 COVID-19 Update
Dr. Bonnie Henry gave an update on COVID-19 in BC.
- There have been 42 additional cases, for a total of 659 cases in the province.
- 64 of these cases are in hospital care.
- 183 of the cases have made a complete recovery.
- One additional death, for a total of 14. This death comes from Lynn Valley Care Centre.
- Broadway Pentecostal Lodge has reported a case, making the ninth long term care and assisted living residence to be impacted by COVID-19.
- Haro Park Centre now has 28 residents infected and 27 staff.
- No additional cases at Little Mountain Place, Ever Green Heights, Hollyburn, Dufferin, Delta View, or German-Canadian Care Home.
- 55 health care workers have bee infected from the outbreaks at care homes.
- Strong measures are being put in place at all long-term care homes to protect workers and residents.
- As Dr. Henry has previously mentioned, an order is being developed to ensure health care workers only work at one location.
- Restriction of visitors at all long-term care homes.
- Dr. Henry recognizes there has been a dramatic increase in use of Personal Protective Equipment, leading to a critical phase of shortages.
- Measures are being put in place to control the burn rate of protective equipment.
- New shipments of protective equipment are on the way.
- The ministry is looking into alternative supplies and alternative ways of preserving personal protective equipment.
- More news on personal protective equipment to be announced in the coming days.
- Henry encourages everyone to continue “virtual” meetings.