March 26 COVID-19 Update
In today’s update on COVID-19, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, announced:
- There have been 66 new cases in BC, for a total of 725.
- 66 cases are in hospital care.
- 186 cases have made a complete recovery.
- No additional deaths.
- Lynn Valley Care Centre has seven new cases. Four of these are residents, three of these are staff members.
- Haro Park Centre has three new cases. Two of these are residents, one is a staff member.
- Dr. Henry announced an order that will require health care workers to remain at one workplace.
- This morning, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the Quarantine Act is in place. This means self-isolation for 14 days will be strongly enforced for anyone returning from outside of Canada.
- Dr. Henry says everyday we stay at home is a step closer to managing the virus.