COVID-19 April 1 Update
Today, Dr. Bonnie Henry provided the following COVID-19 update.
- 53 new cases, for a total of 1,066 across the province
- 142 individuals are in hospital, with 67 in intensive care
- Sadly, one more person has died from COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in BC to 25
- 21 long-term care homes and assisted living residences have at least one resident or staff member with COVID-19
- Dr. Henry noted that only two of these outbreaks are major
- Many of these care homes and assisted living facilities have only a single case
- On a positive note, 606 people, 56% of cases, have fully recovered.