COVID-19 Update April 4
- 29 new cases, brings to 1,203 total cases in BC
- One additional outbreak in long-term care, bringing to 23 the number of outbreaks in long-term care homes. In most, there is just a single case in a resident or staff member
- 149 with COVID-19 are hospitalized, with 68 in ICU
- 704 people have fully recovered
- Sadly, there have been three additional deaths
- Risk remains high in BC, Dr. Bonnie Henry says we must be unwavering in our commitment to keep physical distance, while taking measures to remain socially connected.
- COVID-19 Strategic Research Committee struck
- $2 million funding allocated to Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- Tracking transmission and how that contributes to the modelling that’s been done
- Gaining a baseline on the susceptibility of COVID-19
- Understand how the myriad of information impacts people’s behaviours
- 25 vaccine initiatives around the world. BCCDC is part of this.