May 4 COVID-19 Update
Today, Dr. Bonnie Henry provided the following COVID-19 update.
- In the past 48 hours, there have been 53 new cases of COVID-19 in BC for a total of 2,224.
- From Saturday to Sunday, 34 cases were reported
- From Sunday to Monday, 19 cases were reported
- 77 people are in hospital, while 20 are in intensive care.
- There are active cases in 23 long-term care homes, assisted living residences, and one hospital, with 168 staff in these workplaces testing positive.
- Sadly, there have been three additional deaths, for a total of 117 in BC.
- 1,417 people have made a complete recovery.
- Of the total COVID cases, 21% been health care workers. Eight percent of those required hospitalization, and one sadly died from the virus.