May 5 COVID-19 Update
Today, Dr. Bonnie Henry provided the following COVID-19 update.
- There have been only eight new cases, bringing the total in BC up to 2,232
- 78 people are in hospital, while 21 in intensive care.
- 442 cases come from those in the health care system.
- There are 22 long-term care homes, assisted living residences, and acute care units with active cases.
- Sadly, there have been four additional deaths, bringing the total number up to 121.
- 1,472 people have made a complete recovery
- Lynn Valley Care Centre — the first long-term care home to report COVID-19 cases — has been cleared of all cases.