May 7 COVID-19 Update
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry provided an update on COVID-19 today.
- There have been 33 new cases, for a total of 2,288
- 76 people are in hospital, with 20 in intensive care.
- There are 21 long-term care homes, assisted living residences, and acute care units with active cases.
- 460 cases are related to these organizations.
- Sadly, there have been two additional deaths, bringing the total up to 126.
- 1,512 people have made a complete recovery.
- BC’s reopening will be slow and thoughtful, as we do not want to undo all the work that has been done.
- Dr. Henry says “The future is in our hands — we must continue to wash them.”