May 19 COVID-19 Update
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry provided an update on COVID-19 today.
- There are only two new cases of COVID-19 in BC, bringing the total up to 2,446.
- 45 people are in hospital, with 12 in intensive care.
- There are 19 long-term care homes, assisted living residences, and hospital care units with active cases.
- Sadly, there have been three additional deaths, bringing the total number of deaths up to 146.
- 1,975 people have made a complete recovery.
- Today is the start of Phase 2 of BC’s re-opening plan. More businesses will be able to re-open over the next few days and weeks.
- Minister of Health Adrian Dix announced that hospital visitor policies are being updated to make sure health care providers have clear guidance on the considerations they need to make when deciding a visit is essential. This comes from the request of individuals in the disability community.