Timeline of COVID Policy Changes for Long-term Care and Assisted Living
Over the next few weeks, the Province is implementing a number of new policies for workers in long-term care and assisted living. To help you keep track of these changes, SafeCare BC has created a timeline of the notable dates.
By tomorrow (September 8), all staff and resident vaccination information must be uploaded to the Vaccine Reporting Portal. Contact VaccPortalSupport@gov.bc.ca if you require assistance.
The Ministry of Health has provided SafeCare BC with resources to share to help you in using the new portal. Links to these resources can be found below:
- BC Vaccine Reporting Portal Cover Page
- Vaccine Reporting Portal User Guide
- Vaccine Reporting Portal – Approved User Access List (Spreadsheet)
- Vaccinations Reporting Data (Spreadsheet)
On October 12, only those who have been fully vaccinated (have received their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine seven days prior) will be able to work in long-term care and assisted living.
In the lead up to this time, preventative measures for unvvacinated staff must be followed. This includes:
- Wearing a medical mask while working, except when consuming food or beverage.
- Taking a COVID-19 rapid test and producing a negative result prior to starting your shift.