Single-site directive expires on December 31
December 16, 2022 | News
In the early stages of the pandemic, the provincial government introduced the single-site directive to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. As the pandemic progresses, this order is set to expire as of December 31.
To better support members during this transition, we have outlined the details of the changes below as well as provided links for continued infection prevention and control resources:
What is changing in the Single Site Order:
- Staff Assignment: The directive limiting staff to a single site will end December 31.
- Facility Clusters: Vaccinated staff variance only allows vaccinated staff to work within clusters ends December 31.
What is staying the same:
- Workforce Registry: The reporting and monitoring of long-term care and assisted living staffing continues until March 2023.
- Visitation guidelines: no changes to the guidance document at this time.
- SafeCare BC’s Social Visitation Online Course provides additional support to help visitors better understand their role in infection prevention and safety.
- SafeCare BC’s Family Visitation Templates can be used to provide staff and visitors with the information they need for a safe, comfortable visit.
- Staff vaccination requirements: no changes to Public Health Order.
SafeCare BC’s Vaccine Basics online course will help staff understand vaccines and how they work as well as answer any frequently asked questions.