Take the right steps to stay safe during smokey conditions
August 24, 2023 | News
Multiple regions of British Columbia have been issued air quality advisories due to the wildfires in the interior. With some parts of the province reaching an Air Quality Health Index of 10 or more—very high risk—it’s essential to take proper steps to stay safe, not only for yourself, but the people you provide care for. Here are some steps you can take:
- Reduce or reschedule outdoor activities.
- Monitor provincial dashboards for active wildfires and air quality in your area.
- Change your mask or respirator if it becomes soiled.
- Stay hydrated.
- Review the maintenance of your HVAC systems to ensure they are in good working order.
- Use portable air filtration devices with high-efficiency particulate air filters to improve indoor air quality.
For more information on staying safe in these conditions, visit our resource page on extreme heat.