We strive to empower those working in the continuing care sector to create safer, healthier workplaces by fostering a culture of safety through evidence-based education, leadership, and collaboration.
Established in 2013, SafeCare BC is an industry funded, non-profit association working to ensure injury free, safe working conditions for continuing care workers in BC. SafeCare strives to be the industry leader in advancing injury prevention and safety training for long-term care and home support workers. We are committed to improving health and safety within the work place and responding to the needs and priorities of our members.
SafeCare maintains a strong emphasis on injury prevention in the field of long term and home support care through the following methods:
- Offering online/in-person learning for health care professionals
- Improving health and safety protocols within the workplace
- Providing management with training on creating and fostering an organizational culture of safety
- Providing materials and resources to support safer workplaces.
SafeCare seeks to develop the most innovative and practical training for injury prevention of long-term care and home support workers. We continuously work with industry leaders and professionals to develop and implement these solutions.
We provide our members with cost effective training, educational services, and industry safety performance information as well as communicate government health and safety legislation and policies which impacts our members. SafeCare BC takes a “tried and tested” approach. Based on successful models from Alberta and around BC, SafeCare is working toward real, effective, and practical resources for frontline staff.
Our members are experienced, knowledgeable and passionate about the continuing care sector. We continually seek active participation and involvement of all SafeCare members to ensure our representation is accurate and informed. We strive to remain the leading source for the latest, accurate information on the sector, to better support our membership.
- Safe work and safe work behaviours
- Safety leadership at all levels
- The right of workers to have safe and healthy workplaces
- Evidence-based, practical solutions to workplace health and safety challenges
- Integrity and accountability
- Innovation as a tool to effect change
- Collaboration with our members, stakeholders, and external organizations