- This event has passed.
LPN Safety Leadership
March 16 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who is passionate about health and safety? Do you have LPNs in your organization who could help elevate your health and safety programs?
SafeCare BC’s LPN Safety Leadership program provides education for the formal and informal leadership responsibilities of the LPN role and promotes the LPN’s development of a culture of workplace health and safety.
This curriculum was designed to address known knowledge gaps pertaining to the LPN role in workplace health and safety.
Please note that this workshop can be used towards maintenance of Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL) credits.
This is a blended delivery course consisting of two parts:
- Participants must complete four online modules prior to attending the in-person workshop. The prerequisite requires a 4-hour time commitment and should be completed over the course of several days to accommodate rich dialogue in online discussion boards.
- Participants attend an in-person four-hour workshop that focuses on participatory and collaborative elements of the content.
- The benefits of taking the LPN Leadership workshop include:
Delivering practical, hands-on tools to use in the context of the LPN as safety leaders in the continuing care sector.
- Providing clarity in the LPN role within the workplace.
- Explaining the health and safety role and responsibilities of LPNs working in a supervisory capacity.
- Providing support in making the transition from front-line care providers to leaders/managers.
- Enabling LPNs to connect with others in their peer group.
- Using current and leading practices in adult learning principles with a focus on interaction and participant engagement to support participant growth.
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.5 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.