- This event has passed.
Postponed: Gentle Persuasive Appraches Basics (GPA)
April 9 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Are you caring for someone living with dementia? Do you lead a multidisciplinary team that supports those living with dementia? Do you want to better understand the challenges of Alzheimer’s and how it can affect someone? Do you want to learn ways you can better care for someone with the disease?
Advanced Gerontological Education’s Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) workshop, delivered by SafeCare BC, is designed for all point-of-care staff across the healthcare sector. The session is evidence-based, interactive, and practical.
This one-day course will give you:
- An introduction to dementia and person-centred care
- An overview of the relationship between the disease process and a person’s behavioural response
- The tools necessary to apply emotional, environmental, and interpersonal communication strategies to prevent and diffuse responsive behaviours
- Suitable and respectful protective techniques to use in situations of risk
- Potential or current job role includes interaction with persons with dementia or proof of registration for course completion in a health-related field
The curriculum is delivered by GPA certified coaches who have up to date credentials to maintain this certification.
GPA is designed for staff and students of all disciplines working with seniors. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Potential or current job role includes interaction with persons with dementia, or proof of registration for course completion in a health–related field
- 18 years of age or older
To learn how you can better understand the effects of dementia to improve the quality of care you provide, then register for the Gentle Persuasive Approaches workshop today!
To register for this workshop, please click here.
To complete registration:
Sign up for an account,
Select Gentle Persuasive Approaches Basics (GPA)
Select the April 9th session,