- This event has passed.
How To: Rapid Tests as a Screening Tool in Long-Term Care
February 24 @ 12:00 am
SafeCare BC will be hosting a ‘How To’: Rapid Tests as a Screening Tool in Long-Term Care webinar. Four panelists – David Hurford (CEO, Three Links Care Society), Sandy White (co-founder, Rapid Test and Trace Canada), and Amanda Khan-Persaud (Manager of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Astrica) will join us to share their experiences and advice around using rapid antigen tests to screen staff, residents, and visitors for COVID-19. The webinar will cover issues including:
- How rapid testing can impact COVID detection and manage staff anxiety in long-term care;
- Implementation tips and considerations for long-term care operators looking to roll out routine rapid test screening;
- Options for acquiring the Health Canada approved tests (such as the Abbot PanBio)
Following the BC Public Health Officer’s confirmation that long-term care homes can independently use rapid tests as a screening tool, this webinar is an opportunity for leaders to find out more about how this can work in practice, and function as an important additional layer of protection against COVID-19 outbreaks in our continuing care settings.
To register for this workshop, please click here.
To complete registration:
- Sign up for an account
- Select How To: Rapid Tests as a Screening Tool in Long-Term Care
- Select the February 26, 2021 Session