- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Standard (Virtual)
April 26 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training course was developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada to help people provide initial support to someone who may be experiencing decreasing mental well-being or a mental health crisis. Course participants will learn how to:
- recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis
- assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- talk to someone about declines in their mental well-being
- discuss professional and other resources that could support improved mental well-being
- use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
This is a blended delivery course consisting of two parts:
- Part 1: Online, Self-Paced (2 hours)
Participants must complete Module 1 prior to attending the instructor-led session. This module will take an estimated 2-hours to complete. Information about how to complete this part of the course will be emailed to the participant at least two weeks before the scheduled, instructor-led session.
- Part 2: Virtual, Instructor-Led (8 hours)
Participants will complete Module 2 and 3 during their 7-hour instructor-led session, via Zoom.
Note: Only those participants who attend all 3 modules in full will be eligible for a certificate. Participants who do not complete Module 1 before this instructor-led session, or are late to Modules 2 or 3, will not be allowed to continue. Missed modules will not be eligible for a certificate or a refund.
Due to the format of this workshop, refund and transfer requests cannot be accommodated less than 15 days prior to the instructor led session date.
SafeCare BC Member Pricing: $100 | Non-Members $220
To register for this workshop, please click here.
To complete registration:
- Sign up for an account
- Select Mental Health First Aid Standard (Virtual)
- Select the April 26 Session