Occupational Health and Safety Committee Workshop: Part 1
November 21 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This introductory or ‘fundamentals’ Occupational Health and Safety course will introduce new committee members to the basic principles of workplace health and safety. This course also serves as a great ‘Back to Basics’ course for those OH&S Committee members who desire refresher training. This course meets the (Provincial OHSR 3.27) mandatory minimum training requirements effective April 2017 for new joint committee members.
In this course participants will:
- Learn the legal responsibilities, duties and functions of the Joint OH&S Committee and Worker Representatives
- Learn about Provincial health and safety legislation, workplace parties’ rights & responsibilities including the Right to Refuse unsafe work.
- Indicate key elements of having an effective committee and the process of evaluation.
- Identify the legal requirements of workplace Inspections and Investigations.
- Understand how to conduct effective workplace inspections.
- Learn about principles of workplace assessment and control strategies.
- The online workshop will be delivered via Zoom.
- Given the interactive nature of the workshop, it is strongly suggested that each participant attend the workshop using an individual laptop or personal computer. Some functions may not be available on smartphones or similar devices. The Zoom desktop client can be downloaded here, and the system requirements for the client can be found here.
- Use of a webcam is optional and not required during the workshop.
- The workshop will not be recorded, so be prepared to take notes in any manner you prefer.
- Workshop materials will be distributed electronically to participants prior to commencing the workshop. If you would like to print the materials, please do so before the workshop begins.
Audience: OH&S Committee Members, Managers and Worker Representatives.