Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum Train-the-Trainer
November 23 @ 8:30 am - November 26 @ 4:30 pm
Are you already familiar with violence prevention techniques, but want to share your knowledge and expertise with others at your workplace? Are you looking to train your staff in a cost-effective and efficient manner?
Injuries arising from acts of violence or aggression are one of the leading causes of injury among continuing care workers. These types of situations can often be avoided or managed by using the most current violence prevention skills and techniques.
SafeCare BC’s Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum Facilitator workshop is designed to provide comprehensive training on leading violence prevention practices and coaching principles. As a peer facilitator, you will have the knowledge to teach your co-workers the violence prevention curriculum.
This four-day workshop is comprised of both classroom and simulation components.
Your organization will benefit from investing in having a member of your staff trained as a Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum Facilitator, including:
- Conduct in-house training without having to pay for external trainers
- Timely access to training that meets your organization’s scheduling needs
- Efficient use of resources
- Empowering for staff
- Reduce the impact of aggression-related injuries including costs associated with injury, re-training, and employee shortages
Participants must meet the following criteria to be admitted into this program:
- Familiarity with violence prevention theory and techniques
- The ability to effectively train others in the above
- The desire and opportunity to provide ongoing support to peers once they are trained and provide in-the-moment education where needed
- Advocate for workplace health and safety and support leading practices to reduce workplace injuries
*Please ensure you meet these requirements prior to completing registration. Only those who meet the eligibility requirements will be admitted. Any applications received that do not meet SafeCare BC’s eligibility criteria will be notified and fully refunded.
Please note: completing registration is not a guarantee of program admission. All submissions will be evaluated after the application is received and candidates will then be advised on the status of their applications.
A letter of organizational support must be received by SafeCare BC within 72 hours of submitting your application. You may find a printable PDF template here.
Please complete the registration and pay the associated course fee to complete your application.
To register for this workshop, please click here.
To complete registration:
- Sign up for an account
- Select Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum Train-the-Trainer
- Select the November 23-26th Session