- This event has passed.
Postponed: RN Safety Leadership
April 9 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) who is passionate about health and safety? Do you have RNs or RPNs in your organization who could help elevate your health and safety programs?
SafeCare BC’s RN Leadership program provides education for the formal and informal leadership responsibilities of the RN role and promotes the RN’s development of a culture of workplace health and safety. This curriculum was designed to address known knowledge gaps pertaining to the RN role in workplace health and safety.
Please note that this workshop can be used towards maintenance of Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL) credits.
This is a blended delivery course consisting of three parts:
- Participants must complete four online modules prior to attending the in-person workshop. The prerequisite requires a 4-hour time commitment and should be completed over the course of several days to accommodate rich dialogue in online discussion boards.
- Following the online modules, participants attend a four-hour in-person workshop that focuses on participatory and collaborative elements of the content.
- Following the in-person workshop, participants complete a take-home assignment where they implement the Plan-Do-Study-Act framework in their workplace.
The benefits of taking the RN Leadership workshop include:
- Delivering practical, hands-on tools to use in the context of the RN as safety leaders in the continuing care sector.
- Providing clarity in the RN role within the workplace.
- Explaining the health and safety role and responsibilities of RNs working in a supervisor capacity.
- Providing support in making the transition from front-line care providers to leaders/managers.
- Enabling RNs to connect with others in their peer group.
- Using current and leading practices in adult learning principles with a focus on interaction and participant engagement to support participant growth
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.5 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
To register for this workshop, please visit the Learning Space.
To complete registration:
- Sign up for an account,
- Select RN Safety Leadership
- Select the April 9th session,