- This event has passed.
Postponed: Safe Resident Handling Peer Facilitator Training
May 28 @ 8:30 am - May 29 @ 4:30 pm
Are you already familiar with Safe Resident Handling techniques, but want to share your knowledge and expertise with others at your workplace? Are you looking to train your staff in a cost-effective and efficient manner?
Musculoskeletal injuries are the leading type of injury for long-term care workers. These types of injuries are frequently caused by overexertion, whether that be from sustained or awkward posture, pushing and/or pulling of equipment, or during resident care.
Organizations can help keep their staff and residents safe by having peer facilitators who are trained to provide the latest safe resident handling education to your staff.
SafeCare BC’s Safe Resident Handling Peer Facilitator Training workshop will give participants a comprehensive overview of the leading safe handling practices and techniques. In this two-day session, peer facilitators will also learn coaching principles, which will give them the tools and knowledge to successfully teach others on safe handling and musculoskeletal injury prevention.
Having in-house training experts is invaluable. There are several benefits to investing in your staff to be trained as Safe Resident Handling Peer Facilitators, including:
- In-house training without having to pay for external trainers,
- Timely access to training that meets your organization’s scheduling needs,
- Efficient use of resources,
- Empowering for staff,
- Develop a robust training program for new and current staff,
- Tailor the training to short sessions, or the on-the-spot instruction,
- Reduce the impact of MSI-related injuries including costs associated with injury, re-training, and employee shortages
To register for this workshop, please visit the Learning Space.
- Create an account,
- Visit the course catalogue,
- Select Safe Resident Peer Facilitator Training,
- Select May 28-29, 2020 session,