- This event has passed.
Safety and Support: Responding to Critical Incidents in the Workplace
May 26 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
With the support from the Canadian Institute of Workplace Bullying Resources, SafeCare BC brings you a new educational opportunity titled, Safety and Support: Responding to Critical Incidents in the Workplace
What you need to know about supporting your staff after a Critical Incident in the Workplace: For Leaders and Managers
- Be able to better manage and understand trauma responses and reactions in the workplace;
- Gain knowledge about when to call in your provider to assist in a debrief and factors to consider;
- Learn how you can support your employees who may be struggling through supportive conversations and resources.
Case studies will be provided and there will be an interactive discussion.
Topic areas covered:
- What is a Traumatic Event?
- What is a Critical Incident Debriefing?
- Why a debrief process may be helpful to staff.
- Phases of a CTRI Process to provide deeper understanding of the general format.
- Factors to consider when calling in a provider to facilitate a debrief.
- Do’s and Don’t s
- How to inform your staff of a Critical debriefing.
- Emotional Intelligence and reflection on how you as a leader address employee that may present with strong emotions
- Assessing own personal Triggers.
- Skills that leaders can employ and pay attention to when communicating with staff (nonverbal communication, tone, language used and listening).
- Common Reactions and responses to trauma (physical, emotional and changes at work).
- Immediate reactions and long term reactions – what to observe for and how you can help.
- Case Scenario and group discussion
- Resources (EAP, WCB and training).
Register for this workshop HERE
All registrants will receive access to a resource that provides more information on this topic as well as a recording of this workshop, for up to 6 months.