Understanding Dementia: What is Dementia?
March 23 @ 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
SafeCare BC is excited to partner with the Alzheimer Society of B.C. to bring you this 45-minute webinar. We will cover how dementia affects the brain and impacts communication and behaviour as the disease progresses.
In this session, you will learn about:
- The difference between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- What to expect – the progression of the disease
- The Alzheimer Society of B.C.’s resources for health-care providers
Target audience: Ideal for support staff, students in health care and front-line workers or management looking for a refresher in dementia education.
Required pre-reading: 1: Understanding dementia Building a Strong Foundation for Dementia Care guidebook: Understanding dementia
To register for this workshop, please click here.
To complete registration:
- Sign up for an account
- Select Understanding Dementia: What is Dementia?
- Select the March 23, 2021 Session
This webinar will be recorded and made available on the Learning Space. If you would like to be notified when the recording is available, please enroll in the webinar