Public transportation refers to buses, trains, ferries, and taxi services.
Are you prepared?
- I know my route and the stop(s) I will need
- I know the route to my client’s home
- I know the transit schedule and have scheduled my work to minimize time waiting for public transportation
- I have the correct transit passes and/or necessary change for transit fares
- I know to watch my surroundings and to stay alert. Sleeping, reading and being on my mobile phone is a distraction
- I am able to keep my personal possessions close to me at all times
- I know to use the front exit of the bus when it is dark, or in an unfamiliar neighbourhood
- After dark, I know to wait for, and get off at, well lit bus stops
- I know to contact my supervisor immediately if I feel it is unsafe for me to proceed