Infectious diseases may be airborne, bloodborne contact or zoonotic, and exposure may be either direct or indirect.
Are you prepared?
- My supervisor has provided me with instruction and training on the safe handling, care and disposal protocols specific to the risk of exposure
- I have reviewed the client’s care plan to determine if there is a potential risk of exposure to a hazardous drug or infectious disease
- I have reviewed the safe handling, care and disposal protocols specific to the client, prior to entering the home
- My supervisor has provided me with an adequate supply of appropriate personal protective equipment
- I know to practice safe hand-washing techniques before and after care
- I will notify my supervisor immediately if I have an unprotected exposure
- I know to contact my supervisor immediately if it is unsafe for me to proceed
Home Care and Community Health Support Pocketbook
Download a copy today.