Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum
Injuries arising from acts of violence or aggression are the second-most common injury type among continuing care workers. Learn how to prevent and de-escalate potentially violent situations in the workplace, and how you can protect yourself in a behavioural emergency, with the Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum workshop. The Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum is recognized as best-practice in violence prevention training for health care workers.
SafeCare BC offers Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum train-the-trainer workshops to enhance the training capacity within the continuing care sector. This four-day course provides participants with the skillset to facilitate the eight-hour Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum Workshop. Following mentorship, participants and their sponsoring organization (if applicable) sign a Facilitation Agreement, affirming that the Peer Facilitator will facilitate the full eight-hour workshop curriculum to their organization’s staff and contractors in its intended eight-hour format without modification of any kind.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
- Conduct in-house training without the cost of external trainers
- Create training programs that are customized to the organization’s needs
- Develop a robust training program for new and existing employees and contractors
- Implement a comprehensive strategy for preventing violence-related injuries
- Reduce the impact of violence-related injuries including costs associated with injury, re-training, and employee shortages
WHAT IS THE COST?
- $400 per SafeCare BC member
- $800 per Non-SafeCare BC member
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Experience working in healthcare or the continuing care sector
- The ability to effectively train others
- The desire and opportunity to provide ongoing support to peers
- Advocate for workplace health and safety and best practices to reduce workplace injuries
- Commitment to tracking continuing education hours over a two-year certification period
- Have attended the 1-day Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum workshop
To apply, workshop participants must complete the following registration process:
- For questions about your organization’s membership type, click here
- For a blank copy of the letter of organizational support, click here
- If you are not registering as an employee of a continuing care sector organization, you do not need to submit a letter of organizational support
*Please note: Registration completion is not a guarantee of program admission. All submissions will be evaluated within a week after the application is received. If there is an issue with your application, you will be contacted.