Supporting Family Visitation
Restrictions of visitation are easing to support more safe social connections. To support you through this transition, SafeCare BC has created Visitation FAQ Templates, which provide staff and visitors with the information they need for a safe, comfortable visit.
These templates are designed to answer visitors’ biggest questions and reduce demands on care staff.
There are two templates available. Both offer the same information, but in different formats.
- The trifold pamphlet is best if you intend to print the information and hand it out to visitors
- The double-sided flyer is best for electronic purposes — if you’re linking to it on your website or e-newsletter, or emailing it to potential visitors.
- Download the template that works best for you.
- Fill in your organization name, address, phone number, and email in the corresponding placeholders.
- Fill in the “Released” date. Many of the answers you provide may change in the future, so this will help readers know what version they have.
- Replace the black text under each question with a response from the perspective of your organization, using “we”.
- Delete any questions not applicable to you.
- Add any questions that are applicable to you, but are not listed. Ensure to write these questions from the perspective of the visitor.
- Distribute this information to staff and visitors. This will help you ensure everyone is on the same page and that your messaging is consistent.
NOTE: The template should be completed by the organization’s director of care, or whoever is responsible for visitation rules. Refer to Visitor Guidance for Long-Term Care and Seniors’ Assisted Living for the most up-to-date information from the Ministry of Health.
- Safety Huddle – Responding to Visitor Emotions
- Handout – Responding to Visitor Emotions
- Online Course – Social Visitation Essentials