Job Opening: Digital Media and Communications Coordinator
November 26, 2018 | News
The Digital Media and Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and delivery of internal and external communications. The position informs our members, stakeholders, and the media of SafeCare BC’s programs and services by delivering on our communications plan. The Coordinator will support the overall communication activities of SafeCare BC.
Internal and External Communications:
- Implement internal and external communications strategies as assigned to communicate corporate and strategic information to targeted audiences
- Research, develop and coordinate publishing of website stories and content
- Liaise with our web developer and maintain accurate, up-to-date content, as well as initiate website improvements.
- Develop new content and manage social media presence and other online communication tools.
- Develop print and electronic marketing materials.
- Manage and regularly update stakeholder databases
- Assist Director of Communications in the planning and execution of special events and conferences
- Identify and liaise with event sponsors
- Support the Director of Communications in the development of corporate and project-specific communications plans and help assess the effectiveness of communications strategies.
Writing and Editing Materials:
- Compile information and write collateral materials including annual reports, presentations, briefing notes, news releases, speeches, brochures, backgrounders, newsletters, profiles, bios, and articles for publication to support SafeCare BC objectives.
- Assist with the development of the CEO Report and other corporate materials
- Implement proactive media relations, including providing advice relating to media/public issues to staff, and organize news conferences when required, to support SafeCare BC initiatives.
- Track media stories of significant interest to those working in the continuing care sector.
Communications Support and Advice:
- Provide advice and support to staff on communications strategies to ensure a consistent approach across the organization
- Other duties as prescribed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience with and understanding of social media.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Ability to write articles, backgrounders, news releases, brochures, publications, briefings notes, speeches and presentations.
- Experience planning and implementing stakeholder, public and media relations strategies and programs.
- Ability to respond to media inquiries.
- Ability to quickly establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Superior writing, editing and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to respond to issues and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to identify potential stakeholder/public concerns.
- Requires a certification/degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline and a minimum two years’ work related experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Collaborative team environment
- Some travel within the province may be required
What SafeCare BC Offers
- Ability to contribute to meaningful work with the opportunity to drive positive change for care workers around the province
- SafeCare BC employee health benefit plan
- Opportunity to grow within the organization
- Professional development and education reimbursement
- Flexible work arrangements for maintaining work/life balance
- A great team atmosphere and contemporary work environment
- Salary Range $43,000 – $46,000 based on experience
Interested applicants are asked to send their resumes to email@example.com. In lieu of a coverletter, please submit a 1-page submission outlining what you think are the pressing issues facing the continuing care sector in BC.
Application deadline is December 14, 2018
Start Date: January 2019